Unresolved trauma can impact emotional regulation, interpersonal communication, physical health, and even familial relationships. When these issues become too difficult to cope with, many women resort to substance use and other forms of self-harm. Experiences of trauma, especially when childhood abuse is involved, can lead to a range of mental health disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression. When trauma leads to substance misuse, it is essential to find a treatment program to address the addiction, trauma, and other psychological concerns. Women are at particularly high risk of developing a substance use disorder when they have experienced physical and/or sexual trauma. In order to help women move past these issues, The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® offers comprehensive trauma therapy and addiction therapy services that can help.
WHAT IS TRAUMA THERAPY?
Trauma therapy is designed to help women dealing with unresolved trauma from events like childhood abuse, rape, and domestic violence. Many women who have experienced past traumatic events carry that pain and damage into their adulthood. Unresolved trauma can lead to mental health issues like PTSD, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, anger management problems, and more.
Women in treatment at The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® can take part in a range of trauma therapy programming, including group therapy, individual counseling sessions, and alternative therapies. By participating in these types of holistic activities along with traditional addiction therapy services, women can begin to rebuild their stress-management skills and cope with past trauma head-on.
The Benefits of Trauma Therapy
At The Willows at Red Oak Recovery®, our multidisciplinary clinical staff employs a wide range of trauma treatment modalities. The goal is to use these approaches to tap into the strength of each woman in order to effectively combat all types of trauma.
The benefits of trauma therapy are numerous but here are a few of the major ones:
- Effective treatment of co-occurring trauma and substance use disorders can help women regain control over their emotions, relationships, and overall well-being.
- Trauma therapy addresses the root cause of many mental health issues and helps to reduce or eliminate symptoms related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
- Additionally, treatment for trauma can help women develop healthy coping strategies for managing difficult emotions and situations in the future.
If you or a loved one is struggling with unresolved trauma and substance misuse, The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® can help. Our dedicated team of experienced clinicians will work with you to design a personalized treatment program that addresses your individual needs and goals.
A Unique Journey to Recovery
Along with proven trauma therapy, The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® offers other empowering addiction treatment programs to help women re-discover themselves. Our program combines enriching daily activities with extensive clinical, trauma-informed care. These elements give all women the opportunity to identify past pain in their own unique way and learn beneficial skills to move beyond their trauma.
Our women’s only trauma treatment program facility offers:
- Dual diagnosis treatment that addresses debilitating co-occurring disorders that accompany addiction and trauma
- Disordered eating treatment that helps women in early recovery establish a healthier relationship with body image and food
- Family therapy program that aims to rebuild broken relationships and re-establish communication
- Evidence-based therapy approaches such as CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, and EMDR that seek to transform negative thought patterns and behaviors
- Other holistic services such as yoga, art therapy, equine therapy, and adventure therapy that foster emotional health and well-being
If you or a loved one is ready to reclaim your health and happiness, The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® can help.
LEAVE TRAUMA IN THE PAST AT The Willows at Red Oak Recovery®
The Willows at Red Oak Recovery® is a healing destination for women. To learn more about our transformative programs, fill out our online form or call us today at 855.773.0614.